Usually Thursdays that start out with my husband leaving for a few days do not go great.
Today was good.
Intentionality is key.
You guys, my son likes to play with me. He loves it. Don't get me wrong, he plays alone quite well. Sometimes he even tells me to, "please leave." Today, he wanted to play. So we did.
1&2. Hulk. Scares babies. Especially Lilly.
3&4. Kite flying! So fun!
5-8. Playing pretend.
9. Taken a few days ago but a super sweet moment that needed documenting.
He's 3. He says the most ridiculous things. Like sometimes, I can barely handle it. Also, I need to carry a notebook to record all the ridiculousness. We made new friends. Played with old ones. And just plain had a great time.
One short story:
Tonight, as is the routine, I instructed him to go potty & get a pull-up because it was almost bed time. He went in the bathroom, pottied and returned holding out his empty hands. I reminded him that I told him to get a pull-up. To which he replied, "I did! It's right here! I need you to help me put it on." I laughed as he proceeded to put on the (imaginary) pull-up. I told him that was great but he also needed a real pull-up. He rolled his eyes, took the imaginary pull-up off, huffed and put it on the couch before returning to the bathroom to retrieve a real one.
Seriously? What am I going to do with this kid?
Anyway, today was a lesson in new beginnings, getting out of a rut & SPRING! Thank you, Jesus, that your mercies are new EVERY morning.
|designed by, me <3|
So, are you ready to embrace the camera?
here's the nitty gritty:
1. take a picture with you and your kids/spouse/family member/friend/whatever.
2. blog about that picture and include a link to our blog, or grab our button.
3. link your blog post up on the link tool here (@ the anderson crew).
4. visit the other embracers...give each other lots of compliments about how good we look with our greasy hair and
sweatpants velour jogging suits on. cause yah, we need a little boost when it's been days since our last shower.
5. have fun!