Monday, October 14, 2013

But who's counting?

I've been a bit absent on the blog as of late... whatever. It's my blog. I do what I want. :) 

But seriously. 

Anyhooooo....

We just spend a glorious 4 days with my husband. He's been away training so it was wonderful to spend some quality time as our little family unit. 




Unfortunately, he headed back to meet up with his unit on the eve of our 6th wedding anniversary. Saying good-bye... again... pretty much sucked. Me and airports are not exactly friends right now. just. sayin.



Parts of today were really hard and at other times it was just another day. Truth be told, the Lord has truly given me peace over the past month or so. Single parenting is NO JOKE and I've had some total mom fails. And if you decide to stop by unannounced... well, let's just say, don't judge and be prepared to step on a few crumbs. :) All in all though, the transition has been far better than I could have imagined. 




As proud as I am of my solider, he isn't just a soldier and it isn't all I'm proud of. He has grown a lot over the years and the military has encouraged that growth in a lot of ways but I loved him before the uniform and I will love him after. He is and always has been one of the most loyal and kind men I've ever known. He is passionate about anything he puts his mind to. He is supportive, encouraging and genuine.

Six years is just a blink compared to the years I hope to spend as his wife. As wonderful as these few years have been, I can only hope and imagine what is in store. I trust God for his safety and wait in anticipation for a glorious homecoming.

Michael, I love you forever. You are my favorite and my best. Thank you for choosing me and loving me through thick and thin. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm crying. You both are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes a mamma proud to hear sweet words about her son....love you!

    ReplyDelete

Care to share your thoughts?