Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2 Weeks

2 Weeks of sickness. 2 weeks of less sleep. 2 weeks of coughing, fevers, snotty noses, etc. 3 kids and 1 mama feelin' pretty terrible for TWO. WEEKS.

Middle of the night on Sunday, I'm shutting down. I don't understand how much longer I can go without sleep. Frustrated. Tired. 

complain. complain. complain. 

wah.wah.wah


Feel sorry for me :(

M. in the er w/ a 104 temp Sat night :/

When I woke up the next morning- with a splitting headache and sore all over- it was to my emerging girls, sick 2yr old boy and husband. Immediately upon their feet hitting the floor, my girls came over to scream in my ear let me know they wanted their milk. NOW! Did I mention exploding head splitting headache? Yeah, not fun. 

Also, not the point of this post.

Today, I want to give a big shout out to the man I said, "yes" to 4 years ago. When all this sickness junk crept into our home a couple of weeks ago, he was out of town. In a way, I am thankful because he has yet to come down with this bloodsuckinglifezappingcoughyourlungsup awful virus. Wholeheartedly, I am full of gratitude that he came home the day after I came down with "it"... and had a 4 day weekend nursing job. This man cooked, he cleaned, he shopped, he had empathy, he comforted, had his faced coughed in, he medicated and loved on, massaged, he even looked up (and implemented) home remedies for coughs (you know it's a desperate situation when this man turns to google for answers!)... and then praised God he had to go to work today we were feeling much better today. 

No words could really express how blessed I feel to have this man beside me. He is so good to us! MMC, I love you! You are my favorite and my best! Don't know what I would do without you!



My encouragement today?
Sometimes I just need to say,

"Thank you!"

to...






1 comment:

Care to share your thoughts?