Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to the grind

Happy New Year, my friends!!!

Our family had a fabulous time in Kentucky this holiday season. Exhausting as it may be, we love visiting all the people we love. 

During our visit, my nephews turned one and two, respectively (Yep, Irish twins!). Seriously, they are two of the most adorable kiddos. My brother that is in USMC bootcamp at the moment, also said hello to a new age :) (Special birthday post to come) My sister in-law is such a trooper! She is doing an amazing job of supporting her husband in this new military endeavor.  

Downside to visits, there is never enough time to see all the people we would like to see or do everything we would like to do. Of course, there is always next time because we know there will be a next time :)

As fun as our Christmas season was, it has left me with plenty to catch up on... blogging and in the life I blog about. My childrens' rooms look like a tornado tore through them. My living room looks like a storage unit and my floors haven't been mopped in weeks. On a positive note, I did manage to get the Christmas tree down this morning (bitter-sweet). Have you ever noticed how boring everything looks after Christmas? Back to just plain 'ole life. 

Wonderful news, my parents gave me a sewing machine for Christmas... HAPPY DAY!!! Now I just have to learn how to use it... where is my time again, I seem to have lost it... ??? :) Time to get crafty! Pinterest, ready or not, here I come! :)

I hope you have had a good start to your new year! Here's to a craftier, bloggier, adventurier (too much???) 2012!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to share your thoughts?