Monday, November 5, 2012

In the Throws

So today was a rough day for me. I'm not going to totally blame my kids- I mean I was the dummy that stayed up late like a single/childless college student. That being said, some days I am reminded more than ever how hard this season of life is and in NEED of reminding that it really is just a season. More than anything though, when I feel as defeated as I did today, I wonder if I'm doing this parenting thing all wrong. Is my loss of patience going to steer my children away from their savior? Am I doing more damage than good? 

BUT...

When I really sit and consider how loving, steadfast, sovereign and gracious my Heavenly Father is, I realize that he works all things together for good to those that love him and are called according to His purpose. He put my family together just as it is, for my sanctification and HIS glory. He loves my kids more than I ever will and is knitting them together for His purposes. For His glory. For their good.

So tomorrow? 

Tomorrow I receive as a new day. 
New opportunities. 
New mercies
New reasons to rejoice in Him. 
New day to rebuke the lies and receive the Truth. 

Some days weeks are hard. I don't know exactly why. They.just.are. May the Lord give me the wisdom and discernment to seek out my children's hearts and point them to their Savior. 

Help me Lord to know you more. Help me to lean not on my own understanding. Fill me to overflowing so that what pours out is not leftover, cold coffee but rather, splashes of fresh brewed Starbucks that never runs out. 

I'm know I'm not alone in this & I have some of the most supportive friends and a husband that is super understanding & always has my back but it is easy as a SAHM to feel secluded and lonely which becomes extremely overwhelming on the rough days. 

Praise God that when I am weak, He is made strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to share your thoughts?