Wednesday, August 24, 2011

EarthShakes

Today I felt an earthquake. I live in Maryland and I felt the earth. quake. Aren't I on the wrong side of the continent for this? Never in my life did I dream that I would feel my house move. Never did I conceive that I would be waking my children from naps to have them close to me because I really didn't know what in the world just happened or if it would happen again and be worse. Now, don't get me wrong, I wasn't freaking out... I really wasn't afraid. Today more than ever, I have seen the power of the Almighty. To see the affects so close to home- knowing, there was absolutely nothing I could do the change the situation, gave me a new perspective of how big my God really is. Here is the really cool part: the Bible says this,
 14For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15from whom every family[c] in heaven and on earth is named, 16that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
 20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
His power is at work within me! If you are a believer, it is at work within you as well!!! That same power that designed this earth, the power that is greater than the strongest earthquake (and lets face it, the one we felt today was weak compared to what this earth is capable of), that power is at work in me.

His power is my strength. His power works in and through me. Not because I deserve it. Not because I have done anything to earn his favor. Simply because He loves me. He loves you too. Nothing- get this- NOTHING can separate me from his love. That, my friends, is a good word. That, my friends, is the Gospel- the Good News. Jesus loves me and saved me and nothing can ever steal that away. I am His forever and He is mine.

I hope this encourages you today. No matter where you are in life, a mom, dad, sister, brother, friend, employed, unemployed, wealthy, poor, smart or... not... He loves you and there's nothing you can do or NOT do to make Him love you more or make him love you less. His Grace is sufficient. His sacrifice took care of it all. No more condemnation... just learning to let him love you and loving him back and the journey in between :)

Just for good measure... two of the most beautiful creations ♥
Ava and Lilly



5 comments:

  1. You're awesome...... not as awesome as He is, but still awesome, and I am encouraged. Bless you and love you and all 5 of His Cain family creations<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey new vistor here :) came over from call me blessed.
    great word! i'm in va beach and felt the earth quake here too...getting ready for potential hurricanes...crazy week to see the power of the Almighty for sure.

    i've got twins too (just turned 1)! love sharing life with other twins mommas. :) you should stop by...i'm sure i'll be checking in here regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your words and you have some serious skills with your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word, friend! Experiencing the power of an earthquake and comparing it to the all-surpassing power of God must have been awesome!

    P.S. I also have twins...mine girlies are 9! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true. I live in southern Cali so earthquakes are nothing new for me but it does always serve as a reminder of God's awesome power. Thanks for linking up, your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Care to share your thoughts?