Thursday, August 4, 2011

Think about it Thursday: To Leash or Not to Leash?

So which is it? Are you willing to put a "leash" on your youngin'?

Understandably, there are many opinions floating about on this issue. Personally, I support leashing a child. At least my child. I have had far too many instances of my son running (faster than I knew a toddler could run) away from me in public places. It wouldn't take any time at all for someone to snatch him up or hit him with a car. I have had too many restless nights and sacrificed too much of my body I love my son too much the take the risk of losing him... even at the risk of dirty looks, judgement and wait for it... his self-esteem :)

$10 is all we have invested in a monkey back-pack that is really cute and fun for him and the tail doubles as a handle for mommy to hold on to. Today was the first day I actually used it and I will never leave home without it again! Let me tell you... it was amazing to know that I didn't have to worry about chasing him down 5 isles to catch him. Or embarrass myself yelling for him. Or worrying that he'd already made it out the door of the store. And yes, these have all really happened. I think its worth a little pride and definitely $10 to keep my sanity son ;)

So, tell me, what's your opinion? Would you or do you "leash" your little one (and why)? Comment, let me know what you think :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to share your thoughts?