Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 2 of Birthday Week {Letters to my daughters}


{Dear Ava}






Momma loves you. More than you know, I love you, sweet 'Baby A'. Everyday I am more thankful that God thought fit to place you in my care. Our dreams for you are nothing more than to see you follow Jesus and love Him with your whole heart. We of course hope, pray & believe for your protection, health and success. We trust that God has great plans in store for your life. 


Please know that you are a joy to my heart. You bring a smile to my face daily. Your smiles are contagious. Your kisses are intoxicating. Your tender heart is an inspiration. I love to see you love on your sister and learn from your brother.


Thank you for being my daughter. Thank you for joining this family. Thank you for changing my life. Thank you.




{Dear Lillian} 






Momma's heart is full. Full of lots and lots of love for you, my precious, 'Baby B'. My heart is blessed by your love for people. I see in you an adventurous spirit. From the beginning you've done things your own way. You test limits (and patience). You climb and crawl on everything. Jesus has great plans for you you, baby girl. We know and trust that as you place your life & heart in God's careful hands, He will lead you and guide you in peace. He will use you & your strong spirit to share His grace & love. No matter how many things you get into or messes you make, we love you always. Your laugh and smile and precious hugs melt my heart. I can't tell you how much I cherish your cuddles. 


Thank you for being my baby girl. Thank you for joining this family. Thank you for changing my life. Thank you.


{For My Twins}






Please do not ever question our identity. No matter how much you may look like your sister, we see YOU. No matter how many times you are asked, "Now which one are you?" No matter how many times you are compared, analyzed, stared at or questioned, We see YOU. We know you. We see Ava. We see Lillian. We see your differences. You are unique. We only expect you to be who God designed you to be. 


Please trust that you are NOT a burden. You are a blessing. Unfortunately, you may hear people describe you as 'double trouble'. This is NOT truth. We've always considered you both a double BLESSING. An extra portion. We are honored to be your parents.


Please try to understand that time passes quicker than you realize and some day you will want it to slow down. These few years I have with you, I look forward to making many, many memories. I look forward to teaching and learning. I look forward to growing and changing. Just realize that I am content to wait for those memories to be made in due time. I am enjoying you today. Tomorrow will bring new ones but my goal is to savor every single moment I have with you- today.


Love,
Momma

2 comments:

Care to share your thoughts?