Monday, October 8, 2012

awwww man & an update

So I'm sure you ALL noticed my absence yesterday but I had a brain lapse and completely forgot to post. I was having too much fun, apparently...

I'm feeling a bit empty for words so I'm going to share something that I started to write a while back and never posted for whatever reason :)


A little upity update.... :)

A few months ago I posted about our potty training d-day... 

There is a reason I haven't posted since. 

Between the busyness of having 2- 1yr olds & a 3 yr old and their seemingly not quite readiness, I kind of put the potty stuff on the back burner. And that's okay. 

However, over the past couple of weeks their interest has increased and seemingly their awareness so I decided to give it another go :) They are doing really well with it! Honestly, they both have good days & bad days. Unfortunately, they only really seem to notice if they are butt naked. When I put anything on them, they pee with no care. 

The most challenging part about p/t twins has to be the fact that there are 2 of them and it makes it hard to watch for potty signals- which leads to more messes than I care to clean up in 30 mins. So, I attempted a go at training undies (you know, the really thick ones) but undoubtedly, their skinny butts are waaaay too small for 2T- go figure. I have looked a couple of places around town for smaller sizes but to no avail. I probably need to google it :) For now, we do a lot of naked time and I'm forced to just clean up.

OH and don't let me forget to mention that someone stole our little kid potty. I mean, WHO steals a baby potty?! The bottom comes apart to make a stepping stool and Malakai had been using it at the sink where he got it all wet. I set it outside to dry while I did other things around the house. I noticed later that it wasn't outside our door so I assumed Michael had put in the shed or something. Since this was during the time when p/t was on the sidelines, I really didn't think much about it until a couple of days later. I went on the hunt for it only to find it had been potty snatched! :( It really makes it difficult when you have 2 girls that neeeed to potty at the same time. We'll be fine and make do with what we have but it still just baffles me.

And there you have it- We are taking it one day at a time and I'm pretty much letting them run the show- for now. Honestly, this is an okay place to be. Progress is being made and I am beginning to see a diaper-less home in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to share your thoughts?